Dr. Philipp Braun
School of Engineering
The Australian National University
Philipp Braun received the Diploma in mathematics (equivalent to M.Sc.) from Technical University Kaiserslautern, Germany, in 2012, and the PhD degree in mathematics from the University of Bayreuth, Germany, in 2016, under the supervision of Prof. L. Grüne.
From October 2016 to August 2018, he was an Assistant Professor with the University of Bayreuth with a double affiliation with the University of Newcastle, Callaghan, Australia. From October 2016 to July 2020, he has been a Senior Research Associate with the University of Newcastle. Since August 2020, he holds a position with the Australian National University, Canberra, Australia, where he is currently a Senior Lecturer in the School of Engineering.
Philipp Braun is an IEEE Senior Member; he is currently a member of the IEEE-CSS Conference Editorial Board and an associate editor for the European Journal of Control. His main research interests include stability analysis of and controller design for constrained nonlinear dynamical systems.
- Applied dynamical systems and control theory (with emphasis on)
- Stability analysis of and Lyapunov methods for nonlinear systems
- Stabilization of constrained nonlinear systems using control Lyapunov and control barrier functions
- Discontinuous controller design using hybrid system representations
- Nonlinear Model predictive control
- (Distributed) Optimization and distributed algorithm design
- Reinforcement learning for controller design and system identification
- (01/2023) “Stabilization using shifted equilibria for saturated discrete-time linear systems” in collaboration with M. Jungers and L. Zaccarian, presented at 12th IFAC Symposium on Nonlinear Control Systems (Preprint)
- (12/2022) Talk on “Controller design for input saturated linear systems: Increased estimates of the region of attraction through controller augmentations”, Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil (invited by Prof. D. Coutinho)
- (11/2022) The book “Introduction to Nonlinear Control: Stability, Control Design and Estimation” can be pre-ordered from Princeton University Press
- (10/2022) New preprint on “Capture the flag games: Observations from the 2022 Aquaticus competition” in collaboration with I. Shames, D. Hubczenko, A. Dostovalova, B. Fraser (Preprint)